Friday, March 28, 2008

canele @ raffles city

Tonight, sis and I went for dinner at canele in raffles city. As I've thoroughly enjoyed their prawn pesto on my first visit, I decided to bring my sis along. This time, I ordered smoked salmon pasta while my sis tried their prawn pesto. Halfway through my pasta, I bit something hard. At first I thought it was the salmon bone, but it was smoked salmon! salmon bone? I spit it out and it was a broken piece of plastic! oh gosh! I was lucky that it did not cut my tongue. I told the waiter, he apologised and feedback to the kitchen immediately. Just when we thought that they were not going to do anything about it, the waiter came back with a dessert, free from the house, he mentioned. That's good as both of us enjoyed the rose ice-cream dessert, happy that at least they did something. When the bill came, they charged us only for the prawn pesto that my sis ate. The waiter said that they are not going to charge me for the smoked salmon pasta. Great! In the end, though it was quite an experience, we were satisfied with their service and response. Food and dessert at canele is really good and I still recommend those who have not tried it to give it a try. :)

No comments: