Sunday, August 5, 2007

auntie??

Went back to balestier today to get 1 more "hamburger" light for our balcony. Decided to save money by just buying something simple since hubby say we might not even have the time to sit at the balcony to enjoy the moonlight, so wat's the use of getting something nice? Decided to save even more money not to buy lights for study and dining. hehe. So the remaining one is the light for master bedroom which we have asked our designer, Mr M to help us source for it.






Had a yummy dinner at TCC @ Bugis Junction.









Do you know if you spent 88 bucks, you can get be a TCC member for lifetime? Good thing is that it is not a one time thingey and you can accumulate the receipts up to 88 bucks. As a member, you are entitled for 15% discount when you spend 20 bucks and above. I knew this when I went TCC with my sisters a few weeks back and I told myself to keep the receipt so as to accumulate. Shitty thing is I threw the 64 bucks receipt when I cleared my wallet few days back. Tonight I just spent another 54 bucks. I could have become a member and get 15% off!!!!







Anyway, just a realisation today, that I'm becoming more and more aware of my expenses. Happily upgraded to the blue kopitiam card (entitlement to 10% discount when you dine @ any kopitiam) during lunch today, taking note of discount at Fairprice, was outraged by the 3 bucks difference between AZONE and Popular foolscap paper, feeling absolutely stoopid at wasting away a chance of getting 15% discount at TCC...is this a sign of me becoming an auntie? Or was I taking money for granted when I was young? Maybe I have finally realised that all my money are hard-earned and how I need to start to control my expenses now that I am married.







Hmmm...anyway, remind me of my "realisation" today when I shop for clothes, bags and shoes the next time yah?

5 comments:

1~xyn said...

welcome to the club, woman! haha. actually it's not auntie behaviour... i think it's normal when u realise how much u r actually spending, esp using your own money & wif your own house coming up. coz last time everything was paid for, so we juz use & took it for granted. now everything came out of our own pockets... need to do more accounting...

kOi said...

haha......we are all in the same shoes. Problem is I can't remember the prices at different department stores, by the time I realise its too late!

1~xyn said...

getting too calculative lar auntie.. when giving us our LONG AWAITED treat.. eat good food bo jio!! :(

little tÜtÜ said...

got treat?? wat good food? ;p

park residenze said...

wat treat?? wat good food??